06 December 2009

Thirty Years Ago


Thirty years ago, I was teaching sixth, seventh and eighth graders language arts and social studies in St. Louis, Missouri.  Thirty years ago, my wife and I were awaiting the birth of our first child. And it was, thirty years ago today that Caleb Andrew was born.

Today, I'm teaching university students from over twenty-five different countries American law in Korea.  Today, I'm celebrating the birthday of my son, though I'm nearly half-way around the world from him and his beautiful wife, Micaela. [That's them in a photo I took at their wedding out at Cuiver River State Park in August 2008 - thirty years after Sandy and my wedding in August 1978].

Today, Caleb and Micaela are now expecting the birth of their first child.  So many wonderful events have occured over the past thirty years, and yet in some even more wonderful ways, the cycle of life is being renewed again by God's gracious goodness and mercy -- His faithfulness that is new to us each morning.

May you and Micaela continue to know God's good and gracious hand upon your lives, my Son!  You are an amazing young man, and I am very proud of the man, the husband and soon to be father, that you have become!

No comments:

Post a Comment